The Balkan Economic Forum (BEF) was established in 2014 for the development and implementation of innovative strategies and creative solutions to the current economic challenges facing the Balkan countries to stimulate economic growth which, in turn, strengthens regional cooperation, peace and security.
In furtherance of this mission, the Balkan Economic Forum serves:
• To advance regional economic development by facilitating the creation of diverse investment opportunities with the participation of institutions that offer financial resources.
• To promote sustainable employment growth, socio-economic stability, and the protection of natural resources on which certain industries, food security and public health depend through an awareness of ecological economics.
• To engage academicians, student associations and students in the fields of economics, business management, information technology, law, engineering and international affairs at leading Balkan universities, in programmes that promote multi-cultural cooperation, academic research and business model development to advance global competitiveness.
• To forge alliances that promote peace, security and regional stability with cooperation on priority issues such as corruption.
• To promote international recognition of the Balkan identity by raising public awareness of the value and contribution made by Balkan countries to the wider European and global economies as well as to the preservation of its proud multi-cultural heritage.
The Balkan Economic Forum is independent of any national government, political party or any other vested interest and operates with an inclusive approach that respects universal human rights and recognizes the potential of every individual to actively contribute to the achievement of tangible economic development for the social welfare of a region.