Association for regional development Balkan Economic Forum (BEF) has started the implementation of the Clean and Healthy Project. The realization of this project is realized thanks to Civica Mobilitas, who in the framework of the call for action grant gave their confidence to BEF and the implementation of a project of environmental importance.
The main goal of this project is to develop awareness of clean environment for the youngest population by building a value system which will impact on creation of future eco-conscious generations. The actions are aimed to educate the youngest and most vulnerable category of the Cair municipality – preschool children, about the environment, clean environment habits as well as developing awareness of environmentally responsible behavior.
The project will be implemented in the period from June 2019 until May 2020. During this period BEF will carry out the following activities:
- Produce 3 illustrated picture books for a clean environment adapted also for children with special needs;
- Production of an animated video clip on the subject: What is the environment and how to keep it clean with sign language translation;
- Development of a mobile application (game) to promote awareness and care for the environment, tailored to the targeted group;
- Visit all kindergartens in Cair municipality, presenting picture books and explaining the importance of environmental care through tailor made approach, informing about the application they can play with their parents and
- Closing event, a joint eco-conscious event organized in cooperation with the Municipality of Chair and the kindergartens in the municipality.
The project is supported by the Civica Mobilitas program, a program of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) for the support of the civil society in Macedonia, implemented by NIRAS from Denmark, the Macedonian Center for International Cooperation (MCIC) and FG from Sweden.
The project is co-financed by PAKOMAK.